How to Convert SRT File to Text File

 In this video, I'm going to show you how you could

 convert a srt subtitle file into a text file without any software.

So this srt file is a subtitle file that I'm just grabbing from YouTube In Youtube, you could



 actually download your subtitle file so I'm going to just go ahead and download 

that so I could show you how you could convert it and if I go to my desktop here,

I have it right here. This is the captions file I just downloaded from YouTube.

If I try to open this, if I just try to open it with my software's that I have on my computer,

it's only giving me some media options.

That's not going to be a text file at all for my 

captions file, so in order to read it,

there are some software is online that let you do 

this conversion, so if you google, srt to text you 

could do this online.

But there's a super easy way to do it, and that is

 by just renaming this file to a txt file,

so you could go ahead and Right-click or Control click on a Mac and just press rename or you

 could just press enter and you'll just have to replace the srt with txt.

That's going to change it to a txt file just say use 

text instead of keeping SRT.

And just by doing that, if I press spacebar here on

 a Mac, that's it.

Look I got all the text files from my subtitle with the timecode.

I'll just go ahead and open this text file with the text reader here.

And this is all the subtitles that I have for that one video.

So here you could do any edits that you want you could 

remove all the time codes if you just want the text.

So basically I use this process to make sure I got the subtitles out 

of YouTube that are automatically generated,

so I could use them in different platforms like my website.

I hope this video helped you. Go ahead and give us a thumbs up if it 

did. If not, please leave us a comment

and let us know what issues you had and hopefully we could solve your 

problem with the updated video and subscribe to this channel for a lot more

how-to tech videos and other how to videos on variety of topics. See 

you on the next video and thanks for watching.


Post a Comment

0 Comments